Unlike most shooter games, Gang Garrison 2 does not have a text chat system. Instead, communication can be achieved through a collection of emoticon/symbols available to players through three menus. The keys Z, X and C open different menus.
The X Menu consists of game based alerts and commands. It is primarily used to alert other players to events, or to tell them to do something.
- 1 - Opens a sub menu, where you can select from images of red team classes.
- 2 - Opens a sub menu, where you can select from images of blue team classes.
- 3 - Intelligence, grab or guard it, or just to draw attention to it in general.
- 4 - Infiltrator! Alert other players to their being an Infiltrator near by, likely cloaked.
- 5 - Autogun, Either place one, when directed at a Constructor, or that there is one ahead.
- 6 - It's a trap! Alert teammates to the possibility of an upcoming trap by the other team.
- 7 - Mines. Likely that there are mines ahead, or if directed at a Detonator, to place some.
- 8 - Overweight-Healer pair. Typically an instruction to pair up, but could also be used as an alert that one is coming.
- 9 - Explosion.
C MenuEditThe C Menu consists of direct in game commands. The commands here are more general then those in the X menu, and can apply to most circumstances.
- 1 - Thumbs up, or good job.
- 2 - Left.
- 3 - Right.
- 4 - Down.
- 5 - Up.
- 6 - Attack.
- 7 - Defend
- 8 - Yes, or "You're doing the right thing"
- 9 - No, Stop, or "Don't do that".
More often than others, these commands are combined for more complex statements. For example, 9 and then 6 would mean don't attack and 7 then 1 could mean good job defending.
The Z menu consists of emoticons, used for displaying feelings or just for chat.
- 1 - !
- 2 - ?
- 3 - >:(
- 4 - O:
- 5 - :D
- 6 - :)
- 7 - :(
- 8 - -_-
- 9 - :P