Nicknames: Arsonist, Pyro (TF2 Name)
The Firebug is a fireproof offensive class, who can quickly dispatch enemies with his Flamethrower.
The Firebug's primary weapon is the Flamethrower. The Flamethrower has the fastest firing rate of the weapons, but the lowest in damage per hit. It causes the deadly Afterburn, which continues to deal damage even after the fighting is over.
The Firebug's alternate fire is a powerful Compression Blast that can repel enemy rockets, mines, and even other players. The Compression Blast can also be used in conjunction with flamethrower fire to preform a Flareblast.
Basic Strategy Edit
- Main article: Firebug strategies
- The Firebug has an extremely short range so whenever you can, try and surprise your enemies.
- Retreat after you've dealt enough damage that your afterburner will be able to finish off your opponent.
- When facing a Rocketman or Detonator your best bet is to time your Compression blast with your flamethrower so you can constantly damage him with your weapons, and his own.
- If you get Superbursted by a friendly Healer, you should try to go on something normally called a "Suicide Run". It's where you run into the high-traffic enemy areas and shoot your Flamethrower everywhere like a mad-man and let your afterburn gradually kill your enemies. Just make sure you have two seconds left of your Superburst to get out of there.
- Remember, projectiles go farther when you are moving forward.