"Straight between the eyes!" - Rifleman
Nicknames: Shooter, Tent-Maker, Little Camper Baby, Shades, Wanker, Sniper (also the Team Fortress 2 name)
Origin: Amery, Australia
Armed with his trusty Sniper Rifle and dead aim, his zoom scope allows him to attack from afar. The scope itself can be toggled by right-clicking. The rifleman is the class best used for sniping, due to the long range and scope of his weapon.
The Rifleman's weapon, the Sniper Rifle, is supposedly a 22. cal. Rifle with a powerful scope that can increase his range of view by about 90%. It has no bullet drop, but the time between shots make it a weapon best engaged at a long range.
- Main article: Rifleman strategies
- As a rifleman, you should either go to a high sniping spot, or support overweights and rocketmen in battle.
- It is wise to check for infiltrators occasionally, as you are a common target
- Your rifle makes It easy to clear long hallways of infiltrators
- Your powerful rifle bullets can shoot through quote/curly bubbles. Use this to your advantage from afar.
- You are best suited to have a Firebug around, as they can check for infiltrators while you eliminate enemy targets.
- Try to attack the lower health targets such as Runners and un-stealthed infiltrators
- You can help out your overweight-healer pairs by shooting fully charged shots at high health enemies such as other detonators, overweights or rocketmen.
- Go to a place where teammates don't block your shots.
- While un-scoped your sniper rifle deals less damage, but shoots a lot faster, use this for close combat or infiltrator checking.
- It seems that while scoping you hear sounds near where your screen is at but not around you, use this to investigate areas by listening to invisible inflitraitor jumps.